This blog is dedicated to the MANY ways us cats show YOU how much we love you!
- When she looks at you with half-closed eyes while slowly blinking, she LOVES YOU! These special blinks are actually called “Cat Kisses” in the feline world. While dogs will give you messy, sloppy, kisses with their tongues (yuck!), us felines are much more dignified – a stare and blink are our PURRFECT way to KISS. Wouldn’t you agree?
2. When he is Curving the Tip of his Tail, he LOVES YOU! You may think a cat with a straight-up tail shows fear or aggression, but look for the curve at the tip, and you can rest assured your kitty cat is showing you how much he LOVES you! You may also notice your favorite feline wrapping his tail around you or his favorite feline or canine, and maybe even resting his tail on them. This is considered pure kitty happiness – sometimes referred as the “happy tail dance”. I LOVE a good happy tail dance!
3. When she is Giving you a massage with her paws (ME-OW), she LOVES YOU! I give my human FREE massages sometimes when I lay next to her. I really get in there too with my nails because I know how much she loves a good massage. I am not sure why she looks a little pained when I do this, because who doesn’t like a good massage??
4. When he is Purring, he LOVES YOU! Remember how purring can be good for the heart, well, it can also show how much your feline friend loves you and your family. When accompanied with cat kisses (eye stares and blinking) along with head butting (see below), your feline is feeling safe and content. Good job human!
5. When she is Head bunting you (aka head bumping or head butting), she LOVES YOU! When your feline family member gives you a gentle head bump, it is a sign that she truly cares about you and TRUSTS you. She is also indicating a STRONG bond with you. If you have more than one feline in your family, you may see this action between felines. Our cheeks and our heads are where we carry “secret” scent glands. So, when we rub our cheeks and head against you, we are claiming you as our own by sharing our “secret” scent with you. We are making YOU a part of OUR family.
So, there you have it. Five ways we show YOU our love! There are so many more ways too (such as nipping you, showing our bellies, following you), so please comment below on how your special feline shows you she LOVES YOU!
You deserve to be loved, so please (if you haven’t already) adopt a shelter cat and let him LOVE YOU! Life is worth SHARING and LOVE is the best catnip you can find!!
I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love. –James Herriot
Don’t forget to spay & neuter your cats & dogs. There can be too much of a good thing! There’s only so much catnip to go around.
Cats and wildlife live longer when cats stay indoors.
FELNE FAVORITE OF THE DAY
Hi, I’m Tina Louise. I have two first names because I am extra special. Plus, I have lots of extra love and cat kisses for you. Come meet me at El Refugio. xoxo Miss Tina Louise.